Free Math and Reading Games
The Typing of the GhostsThis game dares you to type the words written on the ghosts as fast as you can.
HangmanA non-violent version of the traditional Hangman, this game still allows you to guess the hidden word, one letter a time.
Typing MonsterDefeat the monster by typing the correct words as fast as possible!
ArithmeticChoose the right numbers from the grid to get the highest score in this fun math game.
Greater Than SudokuUse the mathematical hints provided to solve this variation on the popular number puzzle.
Cat Dog Cat Dog CatMove the cats and dogs into the right pattern as fast as you can for the high score.
Top Math and Reading Help Headlines
Word problems are challenging because children have to read and understand the problem, pick out pertinent information and select the correct operations. Fortunately, many sites have free math word problems that can help your child review before standardized tests, which often include this type of question.
Math assessments are administered to diagnose a student's understanding, abilities and needs. There are different types of math assessments, including the official state standardized test and classroom exams. For an online sample assessment, visit the following websites.
The English Language Arts (ELA) test is a standardized test given in the state of New York. The 3rd grade ELA exam will assess your child's skills in reading comprehension, listening and writing. Continue reading for information on resources that can help your 3rd grader prepare for this test.
Get Homework Help
Check out our Homework Help resources to find worksheets, practice tests and tutorials to help your student succeed.
Free Educational Games
Who says learning can't be fun? These educational games make study time feel like play time.
- Current Top Articles
- 4th Grade ELA Test Preparation Resources
- 6th Grade TAKS Review Lessons and Practice Tests
- 7th Grade TAKS Study Guides and Practice Tests
- Dyslexia Websites and Resources for Parents
- Learning From a Monkey: Curious George Picture Books
- Trains Can Help Autistic Children Socialize
- Auld Lang Syne: Exploring New Year's Traditions
- Classic Picture Books to Share with Your Child: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- What Does the New Definition of Autism Mean For Your Child?
- Should Bullies Go to Jail?
- Should My Child Learn a Second Language?
- Reading, Writing and Raising Hens?
- Read Aloud Stories: Ten Apples Up on Top
- How Being a Middle Child Can Help Your Child Succeed in School
- Snowy Days and Snoring Bears: Children's Books About Winter
- Sex Ed: What IT Is and What IT Isn't
- Is Reading No Longer a Stand-Alone Subject?
- Mandatory Recess to Return to Chicago Public Schools
- Geometry Word Problems
- Tass Reading Test for Fourth Grade
- Public Education Problems
- 6th Grade Math Terms
- Learning the Joy of Poetry
- Examples of Multiplication Word Problems
- Understanding the Explosive Growth of Charter Schools