Free Math and Reading Games
The Typing of the GhostsThis game dares you to type the words written on the ghosts as fast as you can.
HangmanA non-violent version of the traditional Hangman, this game still allows you to guess the hidden word, one letter a time.
Typing MonsterDefeat the monster by typing the correct words as fast as possible!
ArithmeticChoose the right numbers from the grid to get the highest score in this fun math game.
Greater Than SudokuUse the mathematical hints provided to solve this variation on the popular number puzzle.
Cat Dog Cat Dog CatMove the cats and dogs into the right pattern as fast as you can for the high score.
Top Math and Reading Help Headlines
Word problems are challenging because children have to read and understand the problem, pick out pertinent information and select the correct operations. Fortunately, many sites have free math word problems that can help your child review before standardized tests, which often include this type of question.
Math assessments are administered to diagnose a student's understanding, abilities and needs. There are different types of math assessments, including the official state standardized test and classroom exams. For an online sample assessment, visit the following websites.
The English Language Arts (ELA) test is a standardized test given in the state of New York. The 3rd grade ELA exam will assess your child's skills in reading comprehension, listening and writing. Continue reading for information on resources that can help your 3rd grader prepare for this test.
Get Homework Help
Check out our Homework Help resources to find worksheets, practice tests and tutorials to help your student succeed.
Free Educational Games
Who says learning can't be fun? These educational games make study time feel like play time.
- Current Top Articles
- 4th Grade ELA Test Preparation Resources
- 6th Grade TAKS Review Lessons and Practice Tests
- 7th Grade TAKS Study Guides and Practice Tests
- Dyslexia Websites and Resources for Parents
- For-Profit Teacher Certification: Money Over Quality?
- Pay-To-Play Becomes Pay-To-Try-Out
- Many States Opting to Leave Behind 'No Child Left Behind'
- Old-Fashioned Building Blocks Can Help With Math and Other Academic Basics
- Novelist Says Parents, Not Teachers, Need to Encourage Kids To Read
- Help Your Child Beat Bullying
- Should Your Daughter Be Forced To Get the HPV Vaccine?
- When Is Parental Input in Education Too Much?
- Native American Students Struggling, Lagging in Math and Reading
- Chronic Absenteeism a Problem for Some Young Students
- Childhood Hunger Hits the Street...Sesame Street
- 10 Fun Writing Prompts for Kids
- Do You Think the Drop Out Age Should Be Raised?
- Could the 'Gifted and Talented' Label Be a Curse for Your Child?
- Kids Learning Resources PBS Kids
- Fun Activities for 5th and 6th Graders
- 8th Grade English Lessons
- Third Grade Reading Comprehension Activities
- Researching with the Web
- Teaching Young Children How to Read
- Free Algebra Tutorials