Free Math and Reading Games
The Typing of the GhostsThis game dares you to type the words written on the ghosts as fast as you can.
HangmanA non-violent version of the traditional Hangman, this game still allows you to guess the hidden word, one letter a time.
Typing MonsterDefeat the monster by typing the correct words as fast as possible!
ArithmeticChoose the right numbers from the grid to get the highest score in this fun math game.
Greater Than SudokuUse the mathematical hints provided to solve this variation on the popular number puzzle.
Cat Dog Cat Dog CatMove the cats and dogs into the right pattern as fast as you can for the high score.
Top Math and Reading Help Headlines
Many parents grapple with deciding if their child should learn a second language. There are several potential pitfalls to consider before making the commitment. Yet there are also myriad benefits to learning an additional language, particularly at a young age.
The path to reading for your child begins long before he or she is looking at words on the page. This article includes a general guideline of milestones along the way to learning to read. Your child may reach different points on the timeline at different ages and this is completely normal.
If your child is having trouble with math, you may be able to help. Some students struggle with math as it's taught in the classroom, yet there are myriad ways to make math engaging and enjoyable outside of the classroom. Here are ten ways you can help make practicing math at home fun for your child.
Get Homework Help
Check out our Homework Help resources to find worksheets, practice tests and tutorials to help your student succeed.
Free Educational Games
Who says learning can't be fun? These educational games make study time feel like play time.
- Current Top Articles
- 10 Questions to Ask a New Tutor
- Does My Child Need a Tutor?
- Public or Private: 10 Differences Between Public and Private Schools
- What Is Six Traits Writing?
- New York Down, Other Cities Up in Math Scores
- Teach Children Respect for Animals at the Wildlife Sanctuary
- There's an App for Learning: Apps for Reading Help
- Why You Need To Know Your Child's Teacher
- Is Mandatory Reporting Mandatory Enough?
- 10 Great Books for Kids Who Love Sports
- Classic Picture Books to Share with Your Child: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Does Science Stand a Chance Against English and Math?
- Skip Reading Class and Bring Back Home Ec
- Chocolate Milk: Bad for Kids, But Great for Runners?
- Family Field Trip: The Museum of Natural History
- The Five Best Reading Games for Kids
- Mobile Apps for Test Preparation
- High School Fight Clubs May Be Common
- Local Field Trip Police Station
- Math Games for Young Children
- Easy Way to Teach a 3rd Grader Multiplication Tables
- Fractions Second Grade
- Multiplication Timed Test
- Free Math Worksheets for 6th Grade
- NIEHS Kid's Web Site