Free Math and Reading Games
The Typing of the GhostsThis game dares you to type the words written on the ghosts as fast as you can.
HangmanA non-violent version of the traditional Hangman, this game still allows you to guess the hidden word, one letter a time.
Typing MonsterDefeat the monster by typing the correct words as fast as possible!
ArithmeticChoose the right numbers from the grid to get the highest score in this fun math game.
Greater Than SudokuUse the mathematical hints provided to solve this variation on the popular number puzzle.
Cat Dog Cat Dog CatMove the cats and dogs into the right pattern as fast as you can for the high score.
Top Math and Reading Help Headlines
Many parents grapple with deciding if their child should learn a second language. There are several potential pitfalls to consider before making the commitment. Yet there are also myriad benefits to learning an additional language, particularly at a young age.
The path to reading for your child begins long before he or she is looking at words on the page. This article includes a general guideline of milestones along the way to learning to read. Your child may reach different points on the timeline at different ages and this is completely normal.
If your child is having trouble with math, you may be able to help. Some students struggle with math as it's taught in the classroom, yet there are myriad ways to make math engaging and enjoyable outside of the classroom. Here are ten ways you can help make practicing math at home fun for your child.
Get Homework Help
Check out our Homework Help resources to find worksheets, practice tests and tutorials to help your student succeed.
Free Educational Games
Who says learning can't be fun? These educational games make study time feel like play time.
- Current Top Articles
- 10 Questions to Ask a New Tutor
- Does My Child Need a Tutor?
- Public or Private: 10 Differences Between Public and Private Schools
- What Is Six Traits Writing?
- Your Move: Does Chess Have a Place in School Curriculum?
- Reading and Math Targeted by Miami's 'Teach for America'
- Answering Nature's Calls at Chicago High School Could Lead to Trouble
- Dead Ends and Stalin's Nose: The 2012 Newbery Medal Winners
- Auld Lang Syne: Exploring New Year's Traditions
- Should Where You Live Determine Where Your Kid Goes to School?
- Math Fact Fun: 10 Strategies for Memorizing Math Facts
- Historical Fiction Read-Alouds: 5 Books to Teach Kids History
- What Makes a Good Principal?
- Snowy Days and Snoring Bears: Children's Books About Winter
- New York Down, Other Cities Up in Math Scores
- Family Field Trip: The Grand Canyon
- Why Do Kids View Engineering As Too Difficult?
- Family Field Trip: The Lincoln Memorial
- Elementary Words
- Reading Strategies Fifth Grade
- The Educational Advantages of Using Computers and the Internet
- Middle School Reading Strategies
- 7th Grade Geometry Worksheets
- Should Parents Give Their Preschoolers Homework
- Literacy Assessment