Free Math and Reading Games
The Typing of the GhostsThis game dares you to type the words written on the ghosts as fast as you can.
HangmanA non-violent version of the traditional Hangman, this game still allows you to guess the hidden word, one letter a time.
Typing MonsterDefeat the monster by typing the correct words as fast as possible!
ArithmeticChoose the right numbers from the grid to get the highest score in this fun math game.
Greater Than SudokuUse the mathematical hints provided to solve this variation on the popular number puzzle.
Cat Dog Cat Dog CatMove the cats and dogs into the right pattern as fast as you can for the high score.
Top Math and Reading Help Headlines
Many parents grapple with deciding if their child should learn a second language. There are several potential pitfalls to consider before making the commitment. Yet there are also myriad benefits to learning an additional language, particularly at a young age.
The path to reading for your child begins long before he or she is looking at words on the page. This article includes a general guideline of milestones along the way to learning to read. Your child may reach different points on the timeline at different ages and this is completely normal.
If your child is having trouble with math, you may be able to help. Some students struggle with math as it's taught in the classroom, yet there are myriad ways to make math engaging and enjoyable outside of the classroom. Here are ten ways you can help make practicing math at home fun for your child.
Get Homework Help
Check out our Homework Help resources to find worksheets, practice tests and tutorials to help your student succeed.
Free Educational Games
Who says learning can't be fun? These educational games make study time feel like play time.
- Current Top Articles
- 10 Questions to Ask a New Tutor
- Does My Child Need a Tutor?
- Public or Private: 10 Differences Between Public and Private Schools
- What Is Six Traits Writing?
- 10 Top Math Apps for Elementary School Children
- Memorable Bedtime Books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Fighting Bullies with Shakespeare
- Nashville Students Will Now Rock (and Rap, DJ and More) in School
- Math on Your Phone: Apps for Math Help
- Read Aloud Picture Books: The Umbrella
- Math Around the House
- Read Aloud Stories: Ten Apples Up on Top
- Picture Books for Bedtime: Corduroy
- Could Kindles Affect Kids' Ability to Learn to Read?
- Mandatory Recess to Return to Chicago Public Schools
- Reading to the Beat: Books for Teens that Celebrate Music
- Successful Study Groups: Tips for Organizing a Kids' Study Group
- Should Your Daughter Be Forced To Get the HPV Vaccine?
- Spelling Shortcuts 10 Ways to Help Your Kid Spell Better
- How Well Does the Teacher Teach
- Elementary Reading Series
- 7th Grade Test Prep
- Children's Math Dictionary
- Multiplication Timed Test
- 4th Grade Division Problems