Free Math and Reading Games
The Typing of the GhostsThis game dares you to type the words written on the ghosts as fast as you can.
HangmanA non-violent version of the traditional Hangman, this game still allows you to guess the hidden word, one letter a time.
Typing MonsterDefeat the monster by typing the correct words as fast as possible!
ArithmeticChoose the right numbers from the grid to get the highest score in this fun math game.
Greater Than SudokuUse the mathematical hints provided to solve this variation on the popular number puzzle.
Cat Dog Cat Dog CatMove the cats and dogs into the right pattern as fast as you can for the high score.
Top Math and Reading Help Headlines
Word problems are challenging because children have to read and understand the problem, pick out pertinent information and select the correct operations. Fortunately, many sites have free math word problems that can help your child review before standardized tests, which often include this type of question.
Math assessments are administered to diagnose a student's understanding, abilities and needs. There are different types of math assessments, including the official state standardized test and classroom exams. For an online sample assessment, visit the following websites.
The English Language Arts (ELA) test is a standardized test given in the state of New York. The 3rd grade ELA exam will assess your child's skills in reading comprehension, listening and writing. Continue reading for information on resources that can help your 3rd grader prepare for this test.
Get Homework Help
Check out our Homework Help resources to find worksheets, practice tests and tutorials to help your student succeed.
Free Educational Games
Who says learning can't be fun? These educational games make study time feel like play time.
- Current Top Articles
- 4th Grade ELA Test Preparation Resources
- 6th Grade TAKS Review Lessons and Practice Tests
- 7th Grade TAKS Study Guides and Practice Tests
- Dyslexia Websites and Resources for Parents
- Foreign Language Apps Can Take You Around the World
- Reading and Math Targeted by Miami's 'Teach for America'
- Great Read Aloud Books: The Monster at the End of This Book
- Is Lack of Sleep Affecting Your Child's Performance in School?
- Many States Opting to Leave Behind 'No Child Left Behind'
- How Your Child's School Lunch Can Save the World
- Turn Your School Green
- Books Before Bedtime: The Napping House
- What Would You Do? Helping Transgender Children
- Could Allowing Cell Phones at Schools Keep Your Children Safe?
- High School Fight Clubs May Be Common
- Breakfast in the Classroom: Good for Nutrition, Good for Schools
- 5 Creative Ways to Celebrate Read to Your Child Day
- Illegal Facebook Friends: Children and Their Teachers
- Goodbye Vampire 10 Paranormal Books for Teens Without Vampires
- 5th Grade Reading and Writing Test
- Third Grade Math Decimals Games
- Sesame Street Strives to Combine Humor and Science
- 7th Grade Math Workbook
- Free Learning Games Kids
- Seventh Grade Reading